Roadrunners Give Back
a branch of the Arizona Coyotes Foundation
Official Rules (2020-21 Season)
1. General. By participating in the Roadrunners Give Back - Arizona Coyotes Foundation 50/50 Raffle ("Raffle"), entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Arizona Coyotes Foundation (the "Foundation"), which shall be binding and final as to all matters related to the Raffle. The Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws (and, as applicable to Canadian residents, Canadian laws) and is void where prohibited.
2. Jackpot. The "Jackpot" shall be the total proceeds from raffle tickets sold for that drawing ("Raffle Tickets"), less reasonable expenses incurred by the Foundation for the operation of the Raffle. The Foundation shall make an effort to publicly post the Jackpot estimate during the Raffle. In the event there is a surplus of expenses deducted, such proceeds shall be retained by the Foundation and donated to charity. In the event an insufficient amount is deducted to cover the Foundation's expenses, the Foundation shall absorb such expenses.
3. Foundation Proceeds. Fifty percent (50%) of the Jackpot will benefit the Foundation, a 501(c)3 public charity, and the programs that the Foundation supports. The Foundation seeks to enhance the quality of life throughout Southern Arizona communities by supporting non-profit organizations that promote healthcare, education and cultural arts programs for children and service men and women. The Foundation is dedicated to health and wellness programs that stimulate the growth of youth sports and financially supporting programs that encourage teamwork skills while building future leaders in our community.
4. Eligibility. The Raffle is open to all natural persons who are located in the State of Arizona at the time of entry and are eighteen (18) years of age or older, and subject to these Official Rules (each, an “Eligible Entrant”).
5. Purchasing Raffle Tickets. ALL PURCHASES MUST BE MADE BY ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS WHO ARE LOCATED WITHIN THE STATE OF ARIZONA AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE. Raffle Tickets may be purchased as follows: five (5) Raffle Tickets for $10.00; twenty (20) Raffle Tickets for $20.00; eighty (80) Raffle Tickets for $40.00; and three-hundred (300) Raffle Tickets for $100.00. There are no discounts or complimentary Raffle Tickets. From time to time, the Foundation may elect to offer special promotions where a larger quantity of Raffle Tickets will be made available as part of a purchase. Raffle Tickets will be available for purchase for each eligible Tucson Roadrunners home game: (1) in-person inside the Tucson Convention Center arena (the "TCC") from the opening of the TCC's gates through the end of the second intermission; and (2) online at ________________, starting at 10:00AM MST the day after the previous Tucson Roadrunners home game through the end of the second intermission of the Raffle game. There is no limit to the number of Raffle Tickets an individual may purchase. Each entrant will receive a receipt corresponding to their purchased Raffle Tickets. Entries which are, or appear to be, tampered with are void. The Foundation shall be the sole judge of the validity and eligibility of all entries. All Raffle Ticket purchases shall be final, and no refunds or replacements will be issued by the Foundation. Raffle Tickets are only valid for the designated drawing date.
6. Raffle Tickets are Not Tax Deductible. The IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances to participate in raffles, lotteries, or similar programs are not gifts and, therefore, the price of the entry does not qualify as a deductible charitable contribution.
7. Prize. Each Raffle winner, who was an Eligible Entrant and follows the procedure in these Official Rules (“Winner”), will receive a prize equal to fifty percent (50%) of the Jackpot (the “Prize”).
8. Taxes and Costs. Each Winner shall be responsible for any and all travel and other ancillary costs, federal, state and local income or excise taxes, fees, assessments and like charges associated with a Prize. At the time of this printing, federal law requires that a tax withholding on certain prize values must be collected from winners upon award and distribution. Federal and state withholding laws are subject to change without notice. The withholding laws in effect at the time each Prize is claimed will be followed. A shared Prize claim by multiple persons shall not reduce any applicable withholding on the total amount awarded.
9. Selection of Winner. During the third period of each eligible Tucson Roadrunners home game, one (1) Raffle Ticket will be randomly drawn by the Foundation via random number generator to determine the winner of the Prize. The number of the winning Raffle Ticket will be announced in the TCC, listed on ______________, posted on the Tucson Roadrunners official Twitter page, and be available through the 50-50 hotline ___________.
10. Prize Claim. Within thirty (30) days of the applicable Raffle drawing, the Prize claimant must (i) notify the Foundation and (ii) present the winning Raffle Ticket in-person at the TCC during normal business hours to claim the Prize. A Raffle Ticket may be shared by multiple Prize claimants; provided, however, that in the event of a dispute, the direct purchaser of the Raffle Ticket will be presumed to be the sole Winner. Each Prize claimant must provide the Foundation with all information required to claim a Prize (including without limitation their tax identification information). The Prize claimant will receive an Affidavit, Prize Claim, and Release ("Release"), which must be completed and returned to the Foundation no later than five (5) business days after their receipt of the Release. In the event a Prize claimant: (a) does not notify the Foundation within thirty (30) days of the drawing; (b) is ruled ineligible for any reason; (c) refuses the Prize; and/or (d) does not return an executed Release, the Prize will be forfeited and will be retained by the Foundation for charitable use. The Foundation has no obligation to contact a Winner. All prizes will be sent to the Winner via check within thirty (30) days of the Winner delivering the winning Raffle Ticket, executed Release, and all other required documents to the Foundation. For security and safety reasons, no cash payments will be made to a Winner.
11. Odds. The odds of winning the Raffle depend on the number of Raffle Tickets purchased for that Raffle drawing.
12. Transfer of Raffle Tickets or Prize. Persons who purchase Raffle Tickets may opt to give away their Raffle Tickets to other eligible persons, but, in doing so, the purchaser waives any claim they might otherwise have to a Prize. Purchasers of Raffle Tickets may not re-sell their Raffle Ticket(s), and may not knowingly give a Raffle Ticket away for the purpose of allowing someone to re-sell such Raffle Ticket(s). All Raffle Tickets which have been resold in violation of these Official Rules shall be void. All individuals who re-sell, purchase, or receive Raffle Tickets in violation of these Official Rules shall be ineligible to participate in the Raffle or to win a Prize. A Winner may transfer their Prize to a third-party, provided that the following conditions are met: (a) the transferee would have otherwise been eligible to enter the Raffle (natural person who, at time of Raffle Ticket sale, was located in Arizona and at least eighteen (18) years of age); (b) the transferee shall be responsible for all taxes and costs described in these Official Rules; and (c) the transferee shall be bound by all terms and conditions of these Official Rules that are applicable to the Winner.
13. Judges. The Raffle will be conducted and supervised by the Foundation, the decisions of which are final. The Foundation reserves the right to modify these Official Rules at any time. The Foundation reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Raffle should unauthorized human intervention or other causes corrupt, prevent, or delay the administration, security, fairness, integrity, and/or proper operation of the Raffle.
14. Release of Liability. By entering into the Raffle, all Entrants agree to: (a) be bound by these Official Rules; and (b) release the Foundation, IceArizona Hockey Co LLC d/b/a the Arizona Coyotes, IceArizona Holdings LLC, IceArizona AHL Co LLC d/b/a the Tucson Roadrunners, the American Hockey League and its member clubs, the TCC, the City of Tucson, Rio Nuevo Multipurpose Facilities District, SMG, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, together with their owners promotional sponsors, advertisers, partners, affiliates, directors, officers, officials, agents, volunteers, contractors, and employees, (the "Released Parties") from any and all liability with respect to any and all claims, injuries, damages, losses and liabilities that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participation in the Raffle, including without limitation any and all liability (including, but not limited to, negligence) for property damage and/or personal injury (including, but not limited to, the consequences of such injuries, such as death) with respect to acceptance, possession, or use of the Prize or from any travel or activity related to the receipt or use of any Prize.
15. Publicity Release. Each Winner, by accepting a Prize, grants the Foundation and its designees and affiliates, including the Tucson Roadrunners, Arizona Coyotes, and the other Released Parties, full permission, except where legally prohibited, to use such as Winner’s name, address (city and state only), photograph, voice and/or other likeness, and Prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation and without notice, review or approval, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and in perpetuity. Each Winner shall execute all documents that the Foundation may require to be signed in connection with this release, if any.
16. General Conditions. Released Parties are not responsible for stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, misdirected, lost, misrouted, scrambled, damaged, delayed, undelivered, mutilated, postage-due or garbled entries, transmissions or e-mail; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, cable, satellite, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), wireless network, website, app, or other connections including those through and/or by any website or app, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cable or wireless transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission, processing, or communication; non-delivery; misdirected, blocked, or delayed e-mail notifications; printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Official Rules, in any Raffle-related advertisements or other materials; or any other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, computer, telephone, mail, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Raffle, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Raffle, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Raffle-related materials, or the cancellation or postponement of any Tucson Roadrunners game, event or exhibition. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Raffle. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to entrants' or to any other person's computer or other electronic device related to or resulting from participating in the Raffle or downloading materials from or use of the Website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Raffle or attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Raffle by cheating, deception or other unfair playing practices, or intend to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or any representative of the Foundation and/or the Released parties or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by the Foundation, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of the Raffle is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Release Parties. The Foundation shall have the sole right to disqualify any person for violation of these Official Rules or any applicable laws relating to the Raffle, and to resolve all disputes in its sole discretion. Released Parties (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any Prize (or any portion thereof); and (ii) disclaim any implied warranty. The Foundation's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such provision.
The Foundation reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Raffle (or any portion thereof) for any reason including without limitation in the event virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt, prevent, or delay the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Raffle (or any portion thereof). In the event of cancellation, the Foundation reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to elect to identify a Winner and award the Prize by way of random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANYONE, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR APP ASSOCIATED WITH THE RAFFLE OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE RAFFLE MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE FOUNDATION WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH ENTRANT, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
17. Winners List. A "Winners List" may be available by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Roadrunners Give Back, c/o 50/50 Raffle, 330 W. Paseo Redondo, Tucson, AZ 85701.
18. Governing Law. The Raffle and these Official Rules shall be subject to and governed by the laws of the State of Arizona. If a court of competent jurisdiction finds that any provision of these Official Rules, or their application to a particular persons or circumstances, is invalid or unenforceable to any extent, then the remainder of these Official Rules shall remain enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law. The venue for any cause of action arising out of the Raffle or these Official Rules shall be located in Pima County, Arizona.
18. Foundation Contact Info. Roadrunners Give Back, 330 W. Paseo Redondo, Tucson, AZ 85701. email@example.com.